Tailgaters will undoubtedly be at games to cheer on their favorite team, but others may show up to watch a vastly different set of rivalries taking place. This year, Nintendo has partnered with Wendy’s College Tailgate Tour to bring Super Smash Bros. Ultimate to college campus during college football games.
This college football season, gridiron matchups won’t be the only competitions taking place on campuses nationwide.
The tailgate setup will include six gameplay stations with a large LED screen for audience members to cheer on their friends during the competition. Those who win in these competitions will receive Super Smash Bros. Ultimate promotional items. Anyone can compete as the tailgate will not have any age restrictions, and it does not cost anything to play.
Wendy’s College Tailgate Tour begins on September 22. Here’s the entire schedule for the college football season:
- Sept. 22 – Stanford @ Oregon
- Oct. 6 – Alabama @ Arkansas
- Oct. 13 – Wisconsin @ Michigan
- Oct. 20 – Oklahoma @ TCU
- Oct. 27 – Clemson @ FSU
- Nov. 3 – South Carolina @ Ole Miss
- Nov. 10 – TCU @ West Virginia
- Nov. 17 – Miami @ Virginia Tech
- Nov. 24 – Michigan @ Ohio State
- Dec. 7 – The launch of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!
- Jan. 1, 2019 – Teams and location to be determined
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate releases later this year on December 7 for the Nintendo Switch. You can pre-order your copy here.
Keep it tuned to Gameskinny for information about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.