Just Cause 4 has crossed a significant development milestone. The game’s official Twitter account confirms that the ambitious PS4, Xbox One, and PC game has «gone gold,» which means development on the base game is finished. The Twitter post mentioned that Just Cause 4 is the «most ambitious» entry in the franchise so far.
The milestone comes with a lot of time left before Just Cause 4 launches, as the open-world action game isn’t due out on PS4, Xbox One, and PC until December 4.
While development on the base game is finished, Avalanche likely remains at work on Just Cause 4’s post-launch content. Three expansions are coming after launch, though publisher Square Enix hasn’t talked much about them as of yet.
The game will be available in two editions: standard and Gold, the latter of which runs for $90 and includes the Just Cause 4 season pass and other digital content. Those who pre-order the Gold edition will also get access to the game 24 hours early.
In other Just Cause 4 news, Square Enix has announced the PC system requirements for Just Cause 4. You can see the minimum and recommended specs below, along with details about 4K system requirements. Additionally, the original Just Cause is now playable on Xbox One through backwards compatibility.
- OS Minimum: Windows 7 SP1 with Platform Update for Windows 7 (64-bit versions only)
- CPU Minimum: Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.1 GHz | AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5 GHz or better
- RAM Minimum: 8 GB
- Graphics Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (2GB VRAM or better) | AMD R9 270 (2GB VRAM or better)
- DirectX Minimum: DirectX 11.1
- HDD/SSD Minimum: 59 GB
- OS Recommended: Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
- CPU Recommended: Intel Core i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz | AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2 GHz or equivalent
- RAM Recommended: 16 GB
- Graphics Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (6GB VRAM or better) | AMD Vega 56 (6GB VRAM or better)
- DirectX Recommended: DirectX 11.1
- HDD/SSD Recommended: 59 GB
4K System Requirements
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit Fall Creators update)
- CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 (3.6 GHz or higher) | AMD Ryzen 5 1600X (3.6 GHz or higher)
- RAM: 16 GB
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- HDD/SSD: TBC