EA and DICE have issued patch notes for a day-one update to Battlefield V. It’s out already for players who have gained early access through EA’s subscription services or a special edition, and it’s targeted mainly at a handful of stability issues and bugs.
The change log details the fixes. It fixes an issue in which team sizes could be very uneven, makes improvements to matchmaking to reduce disconnects, and addresses an error that would make the revive functionality stop working, among many others. In particular, a few distinct Airborne issues have been addressed by this patch, along with one in War Stories that would prevent you from collecting Letters.
The patch has a couple of platform-specific notes too. On Xbox One the patch improves how it resumes when you use the Instant-On function, while on PC it enables RTX ray tracing if your graphic card supports it. The studio also encourages feedback, which you can give through its forums or the Answers HQ.
Battlefield V reviews have started to roll out in advance of its release next week. GameSpot’s own early impressions suggest there’s a lot more to explore before the final verdict, but it’s off to a good start.
«As of now, it feels as if Battlefield V is a variation on a well-established theme. It maintains the series tradition of grand spectacle with incredible sound design, impactful weaponry, and large-scale multiplayer chaos,» wrote Michael Higham. «There’s a lot more to dig into, like the fortification system, squad reinforcements perks, and how destruction may change map dynamics, and spending more time with the game will paint a better picture. At the end of the day, it’s still Battlefield, and Battlefield V is shaping up to be a good one at that.»
- Fixed an issue that could result in a very uneven number of players at the start of a round.
- Made improvements to matchmaking with a full squad which should result in less disconnects.
- In some cases, the revive functionality would suddenly stop to function for all of the players on a server. This has now been fixed.
- Further improvements to game client stability have been made.
- In the Airborne game mode, spawn protection has been added when attackers spawn into planes. The planes are no longer as vulnerable to AA fire as they used to be at longer distances.
- Fixed an issue in Airborne where the bomb carriers could finish arming the objective even though they were dead.
- Players can no longer shoot down airplanes too quickly in Airborne, which could result in the attackers not being able to spawn.
- In War Stories, players are no longer able to collect Letters while playing offline due to them not being able to update the persistence counters, which requires an online connection.
- Fixed an issue where a weapon would disappear on the weapon selection screen.
- Fixed an issue in Frontlines mode on Devastation where the bomb in some rare cases spawned inside a wall.
- Fixed an issue which made the menus unusable when cancelling a matchmaking session.
- Fixed an issue with the lens sight alignment on the MP34 weapon.
Xbox One Only
- Improved how the game resumes when using the Xbox One Instant-On function.
- RTX ray tracing can now be enabled with graphics cards that support this function.