Treyarch has released a new update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. This latest patch makes an assortment of tweaks and fixes across game modes on all platforms, including another round of stability improvements for Zombies, a new multiplayer playlist for PS4, and more.
First, Treyarch has introduced the Safeguard playlist to the PS4 version of Black Ops 4. This mode has two teams vying to escort a robot into enemy territory while preventing the opposing side from doing the same. On top of that, the studio has added three other new Featured playlists on all platforms: Hardcore Nuketown, Mercenary Objective Moshpit, and Chaos Hardpoint.
Along with the new playlists, Treyarch has added nighttime versions of two popular maps to the game. Seaside Sunset and Firing Range Night are available now for free for all players in the multiplayer map rotation and will remain in the game «indefinitely.»
For the battle royale-style Blackout mode, Treyarch has added a new weapon: the Bowie Knife. It can be found in equipment stashes or as drops from Zombies, and it allows for «stealthy 1-hit kills» according to the patch notes the developer shared on Reddit. Additionally, the Blightfather event is available once again on PS4, and Treyarch has introduced Character Missions to unlock Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen.
Rounding out the update are more stability improvements and crash fixes for Zombies modes. These apply to all maps, as well as a few specific to IX. Treyarch teases that there will be «some exciting additions to Zombies in the coming weeks.» You can read the full patch notes for the update below and on Reddit.
Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 November 27 Update Patch Notes
- Safeguard playlist (PS4).
- Seaside Sunset and Firing Range Night MP maps.
- Hardcore Nuketown, Chaos Hardpoint, and Mercenary Objective Moshpit playlists.
- Exploit/bug fixes for Nuketown and Summit.
- Zombies Origins Character Missions (PS4).
- Blightfather Event with lower health in Solos and Duos (PS4).
- Bowie Knife now available on all platforms.
- Stability fixes across all maps.
- Specialist HQ and After Action Report improvements.
- Featured Playlist changed to Safeguard (PS4) / Hardcore Mercenary Moshpit (Xbox One and PC).
- Hardcore Nuketown added to Featured category.
- Chaos Hardpoint added to Featured category.
- Hardpoints spawn in a random order
- Score increases with each teammate on the Hardpoint
- Score limit increased to 1000
- Mercenary Objective Moshpit added to Featured category.
- Domination, Hardpoint, Control, Search & Destroy, Heist
- No parties allowed
- Added Seaside Sunset and Firing Range Night to all playlists.
- Closed exploits in Nuketown that allowed Ruin to grapple outside of the map.
- Resolved an issue where the scoreboard would flash on screen after ending a game on Nuketown.
- Resolved an issue on Summit that allowed Care Packages deployed on a ramp in the eastern part of the map to float.
- Resolved an issue that removed an attachment from weapons with maximum attachments and a Clan Tag or Kill Counter equipped.
- Tactical Mask Challenge now properly tracks kills while an enemy Counter UAV is active.
- Bowie Knife now available in Equipment Stashes, as a random drop from killing Zombies, and as a randomized item spawn in Zombies-themed locations on all platforms.
- Zombies Origins Character Missions (Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, Richtofen) now available to find and complete (PS4).
- Blightfather event enabled in all playlists (PS4).
- Reduced the health of the Blightfather in Solo and Duo playlists.
- Resolved an issue where sliding under a Blade Trap without taking damage would not contribute to another player’s challenge.
- Fixed a crash that could occur occasionally when using Anywhere But Here.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when a player disconnected while another player was downed.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when a player disconnected during Fast Travel.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when killing enemies with traps in IX.
- Fixed additional crashes related to a player helping another with challenges in IX.
- Improved Torque tutorial mission scripting.
After Action Report
- After Action Report in Multiplayer and Blackout will now display all earned Tier Rewards and allow the player to scroll through the Tier Rewards menu.