We’re now in the first week of Fortnite Season 8, which means the rotation of weekly challenges has begun. If you’re new to the game, here’s a quick breakdown: complete challenges to earn experience, which levels up your Battle Pass and, as you ascend through the Battle Pass tiers, will grant you access to exclusive cosmetic unlocks.
As always, challenges are split into two categories. There’s one set that is available to anyone playing the game. However, there’s also a second set that is only available to players that have spent V-Bucks on a Battle Pass. In the free section, players will need to visit the new Pirate Camps, search chests in specific locations, and complete a multi-stage challenge that involves eliminating enemies with specific weapons.
The Battle Pass challenges, meanwhile, task players with visiting landmarks, using the new Volcano Vents in a number of different matches, weapon-specific eliminations, and dealing damage to vehicles. Take a look below for the full breakdown of Fortnite Season 8, Week 1’s challenges.
Fortnite Season 8, Week 1 Challenges
- Visit all Pirate Camps (7) – 5 Battle Stars
- Search chests at Retail Row or Junk Junction (7) – 5 Battle Stars
- Stage 1 of 3: Deal damage with a Shotgun and an explosion weapon in a single match (2) – 3 Battle Stars
- Visit a giant face in the desert, jungle, and the snow (3) – 5 Battle Stars
- Use a Volcano Vent in a different matches (5) – 5 Battle Stars
- Get an elimination with a Shotgun, Assault Rifle, and Explosive Weapon (3) – 10 Battle Stars
- Deal damage to a vehicle driven by an opponent (200) – 10 Battle Stars
Completing the week’s challenges may take longer than usual, as the island has changed quite significantly. Thanks to the appearance of giant volcano, new locations have emerged, lava has spilled across the map, and there’s volcano vents scattered around them. You’ll need to spend a bit of time getting familiar with the new layout, no doubt.
If you want to see what else is new to Season 8, take a look at the full Fortnite update 8.0 patch notes. This details the new cannon weapon, the limited time events, the weapons that have been vaulted, as well as a really handy new feature that will let players group up with friends to complete challenges together.
If you need a little more information on how unlocks work in Fortnite, check out our Battle Pass explainer, which will walk you through what a Battle Pass is, how you can get one, and the best way to use it.