Funcom’s Conan Exiles is getting a brand-new upgrade in the form of the Treasures of Turan DLC, which adds new gear, items, buildings, and more to the main game. A new Season Pass was also announced in anticipation of three more DLC packs planned for 2019.
Funcom detailed the Treasures of Turan update in a new blog post. Turan is known as the wealthiest nation in Hyboria, and the DLC content reflects that, with plenty of gold and an emphasis on big things – as in elephants and rhinos tamed as players’ new pets.
The DLC also gives players a range of new building pieces and placeable items, some of which can be seen in the trailer released alongside the update.
In addition to furnishings and architecture, Treasures of Turan introduces many new pieces of opulent gear and equipment. Funcom makes it a point to note that this isn’t a pay-to-win situation either. All gear introduced in the DLC has stats comparable to gear obtained in the base game and does not offer any advantages to those who do purchase the pack.
The full list of new items in Treasures of Turan is below:
- 39 Turanian building pieces
- A full set of building pieces with the same stats as existing tier three
- 15 new armor pieces in three sets, such as the Turanian Mercenary armor
- Light, medium and heavy sets with an epic end-game version of each
- 9 new weapons in one Turanian weapon set
- Same power as iron weapons with an epic end-game version of each weapon
- 5 new Turanian warpaints
- Decorative warpaints symbolizing opulence and glory
- 9 new placeables, such as the standing lamp and brazier
- Craft them at the new Turanian Artisan table
- 2 new exclusive pack animal pet skins
- Adorn your rhinos and elephants with rich and golden trimmings
In a separate press release, Funcom also announced plans for three more «core» DLC packs set to release this year: Riders of Hyboria, Blood and Sand, and Mysteries of Acheron. Like Treasures of Turan, each will include unique new armor, weapons, building pieces, and furnishings
Players can purchase these individually when they release or can buy the new Season Pass for $29.99. The Pass includes Treasures of Hyboria as well, but it’s only available on PC and PlayStation 4 as of now (though at the time of writing, it isn’t live on the U.S. PSN).
Xbox One support will come soon, Funcom says.
Conan Exiles has come a long way from its early access days, when customizable genitals were its primary draw. With the new DLC and more on the way, it seems Funcom is living up to its promise of regular content designed to keep the game from getting dull.