It’s that time of year folks. Halloween is over, pumpkin spice is everywhere, and Black Friday is just around the corner. As with any other major retail holiday, Black Friday seems to come sooner and sooner every year, which is why Nintendo is already announcing many of their Black Friday bundles along with some of other special goodies that will be available over the course of the Holiday season.
First up is Black Friday goodies.
- A Legend of Zelda Themed 2DS with Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D preloaded onto it for $79.99. Note: This is the standard 2DS not the NEW 2DS. (Yes, Nintendo naming conventions are terrible.)
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild- Explorer’s Edition includes the original game, a 100-page “explorer’s guide”, and a 2 sided map all for $59.99. (The header image depicts this item.) Note: This release does not include any DLC.
In addition to these Black Friday specific deals, there are also some other bundles that are available currently.
- A Nintendo Switch – Super Mario Odyssey bundle comes with a Switch, along with a Mario themed red Joy-Con controller, a download code for Super Mario Odyssey – which we here at Gameskinny really loved by the way-– and a carrying case, all for $379.99. Considering the Switch + controller is usually $300 and SMO is $60, this isn’t a deal per se, just a bundle.
- White and Red 2DS with New Super Mario Bros 2 preloaded onto it for $79.99. There will be a similar bundle with Mario Kart 7 pre-loaded onto a blue 2DS.
- White and Orange NEW 2DS XL for $149.99.
- Pokeball Edition NEW 2DS XL for $159.99.
Finally, getting away from the various consoles, we have a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition that will come with a metal game case, 220-page hardback art book, along with a CD loaded with a part of the OST. This will set you back $99.99.
Continuing with the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 theme, there will also be a special XBC2 Nintendo Switch Pro themed controller for $74.99.
Personally, I feel this whole batch of deals is a little underwhelming. In particular, the Nintendo Switch is a trending purchase, so it’s disappointing to see that there is not going to even be a moderate discount to the system over the holiday season. The good news, however, is that just because Nintendo isn’t putting a product you want on sale, it doesn’t mean a retailer near you won’t be. So keep your eyes out for more news on Black Friday deals and continue to be a savvy shopper.