The President of the United States, Donald trump intends to bring the German car manufacturers from the United States, so he told the President of France Emmanuel Makron to that he wants Mercedes-Benz more did not go to new York, according to the German publication Wirtschaftswoche.
The German brands control 90% of the U.S. market for premium cars: BMW owns the brands Rolls-Royce and BMW, and Daimler controls Mercedes-Benz, and Volkswagen – brands Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Audi.
The administration of the trump opened an investigation into the imports of cars is hurting the U.S. auto industry.
Citing multiple unnamed European and us diplomats, the magazine wrote that trump told Him in April that it will adhere to its trade policy for a long time Mercedes Benz does not disappear from the streets of new York.
Within the EU Germany is the largest exporter of cars to the United States.
The import of passenger cars in the EU from the United States last year amounted to 6.2 billion euros ($7.3 billion), and exports unit in the United States exceeded $37 billion, according to industry Association ACEA in Brussels.
Last year the German automakers have collected 804 thousand cars in factories in the United States, but exported more 657 thousand in North America from Germany, according to industry Association VDA.
How to write “News.Economy”, the administration of U.S. President Donald trump launched an investigation to find out to establish whether imports of cars and trucks to national security. The test results may be grounds for the imposition of new duties on import of cars.
“Major industries such as car manufacturing and auto parts are crucial to our strength as a nation,” said trump.
The investigation will be conducted in accordance with the same law, under which the US imposed import duties on steel and aluminum.
Also consider the possibility of imposing additional duties on import of cars up to 25%.
Media: the United States agree to leave Deripaska 40% in En+
The US Treasury Department signaled that it may allow Oleg Deripaska to keep the stake in En+ Group is in the range of 40% as part of the deal, which will save the company from sanctions. It is reported Bloomberg citing a source familiar with the situation.
According to the interlocutor of the Agency, the U.S. Treasury did not name a specific target for the share of Deripaska. The Ministry has only indicated that the share of the businessman in En+ have to be much less than 50%. Now Deripaska owns around 66% of the company.
April 6 the U.S. Treasury has published a sanctions list, which was introduced Oleg Deripaska and controlled company RUSAL and En+. Later, the U.S. Treasury said that sanctions could be lifted from “Rusala” if there is a change of the controlling shareholder.
As reported “Vesti.Economy,” may 18, the Board of Directors of En+ Group approved the plan of its independent Chairman, Lord Gregory Barker for the removal of U.S. sanctions with En+ Group and a subsidiary of RUSAL. The plan provides for the rejection of the control of En+ from Deripaska and the decline of its share to less than 50%.
Deripaska came from the Board of Directors of En+ Group, and also left the Board of Directors of “RUSAL”. Group En+ owned 48.1% of the shares of “RUSAL”.
The General Director “Rusala” Alexander Buriko resigned on may 23. Company leave seven members of the Board of Directors: Vladislav Soloviev, Siegfried wolf, Maksim Sokov, Dmitry Afanasiev, Gulzhan Moldazhanova, Olga Mashkovskaya and Ekaterina Nikitina. Their resignation takes effect from 28 June 2018
The resignation of top management has also become part of a company’s efforts aimed at exemption from sanctions.
It is expected that En+ present the new Council to the Office for foreign assets control (OFAC) of the U.S. Treasury by the end of June and will apply for exemption from the sanctions list in July, a source told Bloomberg.