In whatever moment of life here me nor asked, I always replied – “I Want to live and die on the streets of Sin City, even if they smell like sewer and full of alcoholics and losers. Better that I stuck in the side by a knife one night, only do it in the neighborhoods between beach and Second road. So I put on the light, breathing in the smell of the sea, rat urine and cheap perfume”.
Such is the decadence. Despite the fact that I love to play the “good guy”, educated, chivalrous, polite, with a reputation and bright future plans. Screw it.
While some successfully build a career and earn the respect of the ton, working among wonderful people I pass in the evening, allowing the truck to drive me in circles under the fair music. Some of us are going to go to hell – they say there company better. Today while reading the morning Newspapers, I was surprised to came across an interview with a person who shares my views. Even though I a few nights prior to that, held in one of the bars of his network. And if something gets me down his free translation.
So here they are: Brian flowers, one of the bosses “of the mafia, the sixth and the blue jays,” who decided to link their lives with the Sin City at a young 23 years. On the left, without the tattoo
– Brian, you could choose any of the hundreds of the most popular cities of the Earth, why Pattaya?
– I then studied at University and have already earned some money. During the vacation, I wanted to be somewhere where I would be treated like a king! And the choice stood between India and Thailand. Then a friend of mine said that he recently watched “the Beach” with Leonardo DiCaprio and would like to experience the drive to Full Moon Party.
We threw things into suitcases, and reading guides on the way to the airport, went to our megatrip.
The starting point was Khao San road in Bangkok, then a train-bus-ferry – Islands of Samui and Phangan, and after three weeks of island life, I got so many tips to visit Pattaya that our meeting was inevitable. Despite a collection of sad stories that I heard, I had to experience everything in their own skin. Moreover, all the time in Bangkok and on the Islands I was in the company of “free” Taek, until I realized that their “love” is to me much more.
“Fuck!” – I decided, and plunged into the life of bars, discos, and other brothels with “adult entertainment”. After some time I realized that Pattaya is already in my blood.
I really liked that Thailand was tangled in something inert, frozen in time and neon lights, reflectors. Nothing here is easy, and you are constantly surrounded by rumors, superstition, mystery and all kinds of other nonsense. Pattaya is for real men. If you’re weak – this city will suck you dry of all money, or kill one of the many temptations. I’ve seen a lot of guys that have fallen and lost everything, but I flourish where the rules of the game are hard, and life constantly throws up new puzzles. I also began to adore the Thai language. Feelings to the city, I expressed through the name of your forum – Pattaya Addicts.
At the moment I have invested in Pattaya so much time and effort that I can’t imagine living elsewhere. I am a real warrior of this city and a veteran, and I sucked him all the information he could. Pattaya is a city of dreams, and random days of failures kompensiruet many great days that make life worth living.
– So anyway, at what age did you tied your life with Sin City?
My first Thai trip happened in 23 years, and it was then that I took a firm decision that I want to stay here forever. In 25 years I stood at the airport with a one way ticket, 30,000 baht, and my barely started to work as a forum. I survived here and even created a little Empire just because I had no choice! Life in England is depressing and stressful, the thought of returning there terrifies me. I will say more – I’m crying like a woman, if the night would have nightmares about landing in the London airport!
Next week will mark nine years since my landing in Thailand. Wife argues that the ten, but I’m sure nine. By the way, want to hear about my wife? She is my best friend, the rock behind my back, and I was all for it even in difficult moments of life here. So.
– Let’s talk about your bars
– I gathered a group of investors and managed capital over the last four years. Now we own 11 bars, each of which – your Manager. On our roster – more than two hundred girls. Our bars on Soi 6 is:
Sexy in the city
There are a couple on Soi Bongkot, 8. They operate in a “gentlemen’s club” behind closed doors is J club and the new Club Sin.
Next year we want to open another 12 bars.
– What are your bars stand out among hundreds of others?
– Honestly – because of time constraints, I did not delve into all the details, moreover, we have professional managers. We well visit Pattaya Addicts readers and followers of our Facebook page. We try to match bars, nice girls. Workflow in bars established, and we are constantly working on a list of services, comfort and even interior rooms, with every year getting better. We made some mistakes, but took from them the necessary experience, and this has allowed us to become stronger and better.
– How to change Thailand into your eyes?
Along with a dozen buildings rose the price of good partnerships. More global – many new condo, five shopping centers, Tesco is pursuing expansion in an attempt to displace somewhere familiar 7-Eleven. Thais has changed eating habits, unfortunately, partly because of the massive market entry of fast food chains. Has changed a lot of go go bars – before it was frayed corners, where you could look at naked women while drinking cheap beer. Now they are becoming more glamorous and too expensive for the purse Expat.
– Your opinion about the cries in the media that Thailand is now dangerous for tourists?
– Honestly – if you believe so much media that it can stop you traveler, then you really better stay in a secure four walls of his cozy living room. But if you are a fearless warrior with eggs, it will gather in Pattaya, a great harvest, and then ask the question, what are you waiting for?
What do you recommend when deciding to start a business in Thailand?
– I have absolutely no intentions to get rich when I came here. But there are millions of possibilities, and you never know what awaits you until you come and take all your hands. Here money earning is very difficult if you do not belong to the elite, or will not create some competitive advantages, as we did. In my opinion, the greatest chances of success you will have if for start you will choose Bangkok, but investors should consider all of Asia as field of play, not just limited to Thailand. And seriously investigate any area in which you want to invest.
Well, and if there is no capital, can I get a job to have enough for bread and butter?
– I’m writing a book about it, but the issue is complex and with many nuances. Do you know the right people, do you have a reputation among the locals, and a couple of dozen factors. And be prepared the first time to do something that will bring little money and almost no satisfaction.
The way that I have set myself is to start working for a company of friends or acquaintances – most businesses are in need of salespeople. I get thousands of letters with requests for help from guys living outside of Thailand. But sorry – you must first come to Thailand, so I can see you, and you knew what awaits you.
– Remember moments in Thailand when you felt the most satisfaction?
Perhaps, when I bought my first car and first house here. This has been my dream since as one day, sitting with tourists in Happy a go go, I thought “Oh my God, you live here now!”
There are still some exciting moments that I can not tell )))
– What are you still addicted?
– One to two times a day I have training Muay Thai, Boxing twice a week, once a week – Brazilian JIU-jitsu, and just running around in the hall. I am also a teaching stretching with Diana at Pure Yoga Pattaya and the rest of the time trying to get to work and meet with everyone.
– How important is it to know Thai language?
– You do not understand the importance of this knowledge, as you do not appear the first communication skills in Thai. And, the greater the language proficiency, the more you understand how a lot of moments were missed. If you’re going to stay in Thailand for a long time – believe me when I say you really need to learn the language, and then tell me thanks for all the value derived from this knowledge. It’s a great investment if you want to be surrounded by Thais, not paying their “friendship”.
– What motivates you to achieve their goals?
– First it was wife and child, and fear of return to dreary England. Speaking frankly, now it’s just ego. I want to show my level of inspiration and how implementing the most crazy plans. Negative people are envious and haters inspire me.
The older I get, the further my plans go.
– The parties involved?
– I’ve been sober for three years. Now, before the interview, I quickly brought myself up to be polite, but I am training Muay Thai at 6 am and try to fall asleep at 11. Despite this, sometimes relax in one of our bars.
– What Angers you?
– Individuals who steal from their investors or business partners, which the good guys then it is very difficult to support. I hate those “rats”! I am a supporter of honest business, when the result is achieved by the talent and team effort, and not stealing from each other.
– If I had to start over when you would have done differently?
– Nor everything that happened to me taught me something. People don’t know about all you’ve made mistakes, you get up and continue to fight, this is the secret why some are successful and others are not. He who does not give up, and stand up after life has got him down – he’s getting stronger. Sometimes, I really stripped, but those expensive lessons have certainly led me to what I have now.
Wanted to finished this interview my observations after a day out in Foxy bar, but I shall postpone to the next release.