Did you know that 72% shoppers worldwide choose Amazon for conducting product searches? Turns out, Amazon is not just donning the hat of a successful global e-commerce major, it is also doubling up as a preferred platform of product discovery. With an active consumer base of a whopping 310 million, Amazon has emerged as the digital retailer of choice among customers all over the world. Interestingly, 56% of existing customers claim that Amazon understands their individual requirements more than traditional retailers. Ever wondered why prompted such sweeping trust in the company? Here’s what makes Amazon products stand out in a crowd: great product content.
But, products vary as does the product detail. This where Amazon’s A+ Content is a cut above the rest. Not surprisingly, products with A+ content have performed consistently better on the website. In fact, A+ content can boost sales from 3 to 10%, claims Amazon. So if you’re a seller on Amazon, signing up for A+ content should be on your agenda.
Unsure about what goes into A+ content? Here’s a sneak-peek at the best practices to keep in mind while writing A+ content:
- Write well-researched content. A sure-fire way of gaining a customer’s trust is by providing content that is well-researched and complete. This includes everything from the product’s availability, to its features and HQ images and demonstrations.
Ensure that the product description is informative, updated and sufficient. List the product’s features according to their relevance, use simple, crisp, easily comprehensible language, and supplement your description with as many product images as needed.
- Implement SEO-keywords. The best way to achieve this is by utilizing Google Adwords. It helps in identifying the keywords that customers use when searching for products. Use them in your product description to improve your product’s search visibility.
- Choose a template that best represents information. Just having information will not suffice. You have to make the information palatable. Choose an EBC template, then format your content to make it appealing to the customer. Remember, having content is zilch unless it’s useful to customers.
- Stress on aesthetic appeal. Premium content calls for premium display. Writing about the product is not enough. Give contextual usage of the product and include demonstrative images to showcase how the product can add value to your customer’s lifestyle.
- Eliminate unnecessary information. The idea is to make the product more saleable than it would be otherwise. Therefore, steer clear of any warranty-related information or boastful claims. Trim all the extra information and focus on only what which will add to the appeal of the product or offering.
- Be aware and stay updated. This is especially true of tech A+ content, latest fashion trends, etc. Be on the lookout for trending gadgets, styles, etc. and produce content along those lines. Always keep yourself well-informed about industry trends.
To sum it up, A+ content should give the product a definitive edge over others in the same category, and your content should reflect that. Be informed, be creative but do not go overboard.
Netscribes helps brands and retailers improve their product’s visibility and sales on online marketplaces, such as Amazon, by delivering high-impact e-commerce product content. For more information about our e-commerce content services, write to us at email@example.com.
Keep up-to-date with the latest industry news and trends.