The world must resist Washington’s aggressive behavior, Iran’s Foreign Minister said in a letter to his colleagues, as the country’s chief diplomat began to intensify efforts to rescue the nuclear deal after the US exits, Reuters reports.
Last month, U.S. President Donald Trump pulled his country out of the Iran-World Power Agreement (JCPOA), which was concluded in 2015 and led to the lifting of sanctions from Tehran in exchange for refusing to develop nuclear weapons.
The rest of the countries that signed the deal – France, Germany, Britain, Russia and China – still consider the international agreement to be the best chance to stop Tehran from developing nuclear weapons in an attempt to save the agreement.
In a letter to Iran’s Foreign Minister Muhammad Javad Zarif, the official asked “the rest of the signatories and other trading partners to compensate for the loss of Iran,” which the country suffered after the United States withdrew from the deal.
The nuclear deal was the result of “thorough, balanced, and balanced multilateral negotiations,” Zarif wrote, so it cannot be reviewed as required by the United States.
According to Vesti.Ekonomika, Iran promised to stick to an agreement restraining the country’s nuclear activities if the EU can compensate for the renewed US sanctions, senior officials in Tehran said in favor of an approach that would widen the split between Washington and Brussels.
The EU redoubled its efforts to rescue the JCPOA deal after the US’s recent withdrawal from the agreement.
Earlier, the EU sent Miguel Arias Kanete, the European Commissioner for Energy, to Tehran with a plan to prevent Iran’s economic isolation and ensure Iran’s commitment to the nuclear agreement.
However, the EU plan faces serious obstacles. The bloc will have to continue to purchase oil and gas in order to keep Iran’s economy afloat, bypassing the US-controlled global financial system and protecting European companies from US sanctions.
“We hope that what they presented to us will be realized,” said Ali Akbar Salehi, head of Iran’s nuclear industry and vice president, in an interview with Western reporters.
Russia granted Algeria access to GLONASS
Russia has granted Algeria access to the navigation data of the GLONASS satellite navigation system for a period of 10 years.
Access to GLONASS for Algeria was provided as part of an intergovernmental agreement signed on October 9, 2017 as part of the official visit of Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev to Algeria.
The document was published on the official legal information portal on June 29. As noted, the agreement entered into force on June 20, 2018.
Algeria’s access to GLONASS is granted for a period of 10 years, followed by automatic renewal for another 5 years, “if none of the parties notifies the other party of their intention to terminate this agreement at least six months before the end of the first or any subsequent period” .
Under the agreement, Algeria does not have the right to sell the received GLONASS equipment to third countries, as well as disassemble the equipment to create its own similar developments.
Algeria is one of the largest buyers of Russian-made weapons in the Middle East. As part of the military-technical cooperation between Russia and Algeria, T-90CA tanks, Mi-26T2 and Mi-28NE helicopters, Kornet-EM ATGMs, Su-30MKA fighter jets, S-300PMU-2 air defense systems, and ZPRK air defense systems were delivered to this country. “Shell-C1”. According to a number of sources, in November 2017 Algeria also acquired Iskander-E OTRK from Russia.
US to sell arms to Bahrain and Kuwait for $ 110 million
Kuwait will buy aviation missiles from the United States, and Bahrain will buy anti-tank systems. The deal has already been approved by the US State Department.
According to the Pentagon, a deal was signed with Kuwait for the purchase of 300 AGM-114 Hellfire missiles in the amount of $ 30.4 million. Bahrain will purchase 28 TOW anti-tank systems from the United States for $ 80 million.