05.10.2022

Famous designer committed suicide

Famous designer committed suicide

Kate Spade, an American designer and founder of the Kate Spade New York brand, was found dead in New York.

Kate Spade was 55 years old. The body was found in an apartment on Park Avenue in Manhattan. According to insiders, the celebrity committed suicide, but the details are still being clarified.

The body of the woman was found by the house manager, police said. Nearby was a note, but what was written in it was not reported.

Kate Spade (née Katherine Noel Brosnahan) founded Kate Spade Handbags in the early 1990s. Andy Spade became the co-founder, at that time her husband.

The company first sold bags, then its range expanded. In 1996, the first branded boutique was opened. In 2004, the Kate Spade at home brand was launched.

In 1999, 56% of the company was bought by Neiman Marcus, the remaining 44% was acquired in 2006. Then the company sold the Liz Claiborne brand for $ 124 million. In May 2017, Kate Spade was sold to Coach, Inc. for $ 2.4 billion

And in February 2016, Kate Spade launched a new brand, Frances Valentine. Under this brand, shoes and bags were produced for which Spade was responsible.

Among the fans of the brand are Sienna Miller, Olivia Palermo, Jennifer Lopez and Sarah Jessica Parker.

The company Kate Spade expressed condolences to relatives and stated that, although the designer has not been associated with the brand for more than ten years, they will miss her.

US suicide rate up 30% since 1999

The suicide rate in the US since 1999 has jumped 30%, NBC News reports citing federal health officials.

Only half of the people who committed suicide were diagnosed with a mental disorder, although depression is considered the main cause of suicide, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said.

According to the CDC, in 2016 in the United States, nearly 45 thousand people died as a result of suicide.

Although mental illness could be diagnosed in many cases of suicide, stress in relationships, financial problems, and alcohol or drug abuse also contributed to increased suicides, the CDC noted:

  • 42% had relationship problems,
  • 28% had problems with alcohol or drugs,
  • 16% had problems with work or finances,
  • 29% had some kind of crisis,
  • 22% had physical health problems,
  • 9% had problems with the law.

“From 1999 to 2015 suicides have risen among people of both sexes, all racial / ethnic groups, and all levels of urbanization, ”the CDC researchers wrote in their report.

“Among middle-aged adults, there is the largest number of suicides and a particularly strong increase in suicide rates. These results are alarming, ”said Dr. Ann Schuchat, First Deputy Director of the CDC.

The CDC team found that almost no group escaped higher suicides, with the exception of people over 75.

Suicide rates have increased since 1999 in every state, with the exception of Nevada. But Nevada has long had one of the highest suicide rates in the country.

The increase in suicide rates, apparently, mainly correlates with the economic downturn, said Shuchat.

Suicide rates are highest in some states in the West and Midwest, including Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, North and South Dakota, Minnesota, as well as Kansas and Oklahoma.

“These are mostly rural states,” said Shuchat. “We know that the economic downturn has hit rural states hard and recovery sometimes takes longer in some of these rural communities.” We also know that in rural states access to health care can be difficult. ”

The CDC has some suggestions as to what can be done:

  • states can help solve the problem of unemployment and housing by providing temporary assistance;
  • within the health system, options may be offered for the provision of assistance by telephone or via the Internet where access to medical services is difficult;
  • Communities can offer programs and events to enhance community ownership;
  • schools can instill in students skills that will help them cope with difficulties, including problems in relationships and at school.

“We are now living in a different era when the popularity of social networks has grown and social isolation is high,” said Shuchat, noting the need for help in overcoming isolation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.