23.10.2021

A meeting with Kim Jong-un can still take place

U.S. President Donald Trump said his meeting with DPRK leader Kim Jong Un could still take place on June 12, as previously planned.

The American leader said this to reporters at the White House on Friday, May 25, Radio Liberty reports.

“We will see what happens, this (summit – ed.) May be the 12th,” Trump said.

The US President stressed that all parties are interested in his meeting with Kim.

“They really want to do it, we want to do it. Everyone plays games, ”Trump emphasized.

Recall, May 24, US President Donald Trump canceled a meeting with DPRK leader Kim Jong Un, which was supposed to be held June 12 in Singapore.

US officials arrive in North Korea to prepare for meeting between Trump and Kim

The US delegation, led by the US ambassador to the Philippines, intends to discuss preparations for a meeting between Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un in North Korea. Earlier, Trump did not rule out the possibility of disruption of the event. US representatives arrived in the DPRK to prepare for the meeting between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. On Sunday, May 27, writes the publication The Washington Post. The delegation is led by US Ambassador to the Philippines Sun Kim, who previously worked as ambassador to South Korea, Reuters reported citing a source familiar with the situation.

Possible meeting in Singapore

The summit between the two states was proposed in March by the leadership of North Korea. In early April, North Korea visited Mike Pompeo, who at that time held the post of head of the CIA, to meet with its leader in complete secrecy.

Earlier, trump made it clear that he does not exclude the possibility of disrupting the summit of the United States and North Korea, which is scheduled for June 12 in Singapore. However, on the night of May 26, the President of the United States wrote on Twitter about the “very productive negotiations with North Korea to return to the holding” of the event.

Kim Jong-un wrote a letter to trump

An associate of the DPRK leader, during a visit to the White House on Friday, will give Donald Trump a letter from Kim Jong-un.

The North Korean delegation, led by close associate of the DPRK leader Kim Yong Chol, Donald Trump will receive on Friday.

White House spokeswoman Hogan Gidley said Thursday night that details of the meeting are still being agreed. It is still unknown whether Trump Kim Yong Chol will accept in the Oval Office.

The contents of Kim Jong-un’s letter to Trump are also unknown.

Trump hopes to meet with Kim Jong-un in Singapore on June 12 and force him to abandon the nuclear program. On Thursday, he also acknowledged that more rounds of direct negotiations might be needed.

“I would like this to be done in one meeting. But often agreements don’t work that way. There is a very good chance that this will not be done at either one, two, or three meetings. But at some point this will be done, ”said Trump.

Trump confirmed the holding of a summit in Singapore on June 12

The meeting between the President of the United States and the leader of the DPRK, Kim Jong-un, will take place, as was originally planned, on June 12. It will be about nuclear disarmament of North Korea.US President Donald Trump confirmed that the summit in Singapore, during which the head of the White House will meet with DPRK leader Kim Jong-un, will take place, as planned, on June 12. “This meeting will usher in the process of denuclearization of North Korea,” Trump said in Washington on Friday, June 1, at the end of the meeting with Pyongyang’s representative, General Kim Yong Chol.

Kim Yong Chol, who holds the post of deputy chairman of the Central Committee of the Labor Party of Korea, became the first representative of the DPRK leadership to come to the United States over the past 18 years. The North Korean general handed Donald Trump a letter from Kim Jong-un. The President of the United States refused to talk about its content, mentioning that the message was “very sweet” and “very interesting”. He later added that he had not yet opened it, reports AFP.

A little earlier, the North Korean state news agency CTAC issued a statement according to which Kim Jong-un remains committed to nuclear disarmament and reaffirms Pyongyang’s “unchanging, stable and firm will” to denuclearize the Korean Peninsula.

On May 25, Trump unexpectedly announced the cancellation of the summit in Singapore, and this happened only a few hours after Pyongyang blew up its Pungeri nuclear test site. Donald Trump explained this decision by the hostile actions of the DPRK. However, the very next day he announced that the summit could still take place.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *